Friday, December 16, 2005

Monster Commerce Acquired by Network Solutions

I have really good news to report. Some of my best friends in the search marketing industry - the crew at MonsterCommerce have announced this morning via an interview with Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld that they have been acquired by Network Solutions. My good friend Stephanie Leffler will give up the CEO reigns to Champ Mitchell (CEO of Network Solutions) and will run the organization as President and General Manager. Ryan Noble (formerly President) will be Senior Vice President of Monster Commerce.

I have been following this company since I first met Steph at PubCon IV in Boston March 2003. At the time they had 18 employees and Steph introduced herself as Director of Sales. Steph got into the business as an ecommerce owner herself selling UV protective clothing and found the original MonsterCommerce software and saw a business opportunity so she became an investor and joined the team. As she ramped up the company, she took a more active role and along with her business partner Ryan Noble, grew the organization to over 100 people strong. I'm happy to say that over the years, not only have I consulted with Steph and the MC team on business matters and worked with her on occasion, but have become a part of the Monster Commerce family myself and have made many close friends with the team members so this is especially exciting for me. More about the acquisition can be found on the Monster Commerce website. So I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the guys at MonsterCommerce and share a few of my favorite pics. ;)


Lindsay Rust, Matt Cutts and Stephanie Leffler in Boston - PubCon IV March 2003


Ryan Noble, Stephanie Leffler and Craig Paddock - SES Chicago December 2003


Craig Paddock, Steph, Me and Rob Snell at Universal CityWalk from PubCon VI Orlando, March 2004

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cousin Joe! My memory's not what it used to be, but weren't there some more MC Volleyball squad pix? I have some awesome softball pix!